Oncologists are always seen suggesting the cancer patients that they should regularly perform some kind of light exercises in order to maintain the balance of health. One of the highly recommended exercises for cancer is Pranayama. Pranayama is a type of yoga asana which helps in keeping the physical and mental health calm and rejuvenated.
Go with Pranayama for Cancer Cure as it is feasible to the patients who are done with chemotherapy. Apart from reducing the chemotherapy side-effect, Pranayama is also handy in controlling fatigue, stress, anxiety, sleep disturbance, depression, etc. So, in this article, we will discuss the immense advantages of Pranayama and how effective is it curing cancer naturally.
Pranayama is one of the many different types of Yoga asanas which were dawned around 5000 years ago in India. The word Pranayama is a Sanskrit term which is a composition of two different terms i.e Prana means the life force that animates everything and Ayama means the elongation.
To raise the falling reputation of Yoga in India, the honorable Prime Minister of India – Mr. Narendra Modi is paying special attention to it. To keep a check on this, a ministry called AYUSH has been developed who will supervise the yoga practices in India. As per the records of 2016-17 of AYUSH Ministry, more than 2000 professional yoga trainers were certified by the Ministry. Yoga imposes a number of health benefits and fighting a disease like cancer is one of them.So, in this article, we will let you that why one should go with pranayama.
Table of Contents
How to Perform Pranayama?
Getting ready for Pranayama or how to perform Pranayama is very important as the wrong yoga posture will not give you that much benefit which you expected. Sit in the comfortable cross-legged position on the yoga mat with your face facing east or north. Be straight by stretching the spine.
Best Time to Perform Pranayama
Almost all of us knows that Pranayama is most beneficial when it is done in the morning with empty stomach. Move to the open air and start your day with Pranayama. A 20min to 1-hour Pranayama practice is enough to maintain a proper health. Keep in mind that one should never practice or perform Pranayam exercises within an hour of bathing, eating, or sexual activity. All the cancer patients are recommended to perform the Pranayam under the supervision of doctors or professionals.
Benefits of Pranayama for Cancer Cure
There is an immense number of benefits of Pranayama for Cancer Cure. Also, Pranayama leads to faster recovery from cancer by reducing cancer’s post-treatment side effects. The benefits of Pranayama for cancer cure are as follows:
- Pranayama is beneficial in improving blood circulation.
- It is the medium to relax and rejuvenate the body and mind.
- Many different types of heart-related problems can be kept away with the help of Pranayama.
- Pranayama reduces stress, depression, and hypertension.
- Pranayama is propitious in handling and curing problems like asthma, neurological problems, depression, headache, migraine, gastric problems.
- It releases anxiety.
Types of Pranayama
There are different types of Pranayama exercises which the patients should perform the cancer cure are as follows:
- Bhastrika Pranayama
- Pranav Pranayama
- Nadi Shodhan
- Kapalbhati Pranayama
- Udgeeth Pranayama
- Anulom Vilom Pranayama
- Bharmari Pranayama
- Bahya pranayama
When to not do Pranayama?
- Anyone who is undergoing any kind of treatment must consult with his/her doctor before performing Pranayama.
- Anyone with a heart-related disease must look to avoid the Prayanama when unsupervised.
- The cancer patients who are undergoing cancer treatment with chemotherapy or radiation therapy must look to avoid Pranayama.
- Pranayama is not recommended or suggested to those who are suffering from fever, bronchitis, or pneumonia.
- The patients of low blood pressure must perform Pranayama under the supervision of a doctor or trainer.
- Pranayama is strictly prohibited to those whose lungs are congested.
- Never practice Pranayama when you are in hurry or when you feel tired.
- Take a gap of minimum 3 to 4 hours after the meal to perform Yoga.
- Never practice breathing beyond the limit.
These are some of the things which should be taken care of while practicing Pranayama for Cancer Cure. It is always recommended to all the cancer patients to perform yoga for cancer prevention only after the consultation with the doctor and under the supervision of professional trainers. So, in the end, we can conclude that Pranayama is advantageous and effective for the cancer cure. Hope you enjoyed reading, for any query you can contact us commenting in the below section.